Become a proud owner of an NFT
In just a few easy steps!
How to create an Ethereum wallet?
The setup is very straight forward and takes about 2-3 minutes. Requires no Blockchain / Cryptocurrency knowledge.
- Go to https://metamask.io
- Click on Download
- Install the extension by adding it to your browser
- A few seconds after you’ve installed the extension a new tab should open in your browser with a little fox on top of your screen. Below it you’ll see a button “Get started”. Click on it.
- The next few steps are standard procedure.
Tip: make sure you choose a strong password and watch the informational video.
- Click on the key lock icon to see your mnemonic seed (12 words). Write them down somewhere. Preferably offline and in a safe place. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP, as your mnemonic seed is a master key for the wallet.
- Click each of the words in the order you received them to confirm you have them stored.
- You’re set up and ready to buy some Ether!
How to buy Ethereum and transfer it to your Metamask wallet?
Purchasing Ether through websites such as MoonPay is very straight forward. It takes no more than 5 minutes and doesn’t require you to provide any ID verification documents. Keep in mind centralized exchanges such as Coinbase or Binance are also an option but those platforms require you to provide ID verification documents and might take a few days before you could purchase your first Ether.
- Go to https://www.moonpay.com/buy
- Select Ethereum as the currency of choice and choose the amount you’d like to purchase. After that type in Continue
- The website will try to make a connection with your Metamask wallet. Confirm the connection and move to the next stage.
- Here you’ll be asked to confirm your email address. After that you’ll receive a 6 digit code in your inbox. Paste the code in to MoonPay and continue on to the next step.
- Here you’ll be asked to enter your First Name, Surname, Date of Birth and Country of Nationality. Type the required information and click Continue.
- On this step you’ll be asked to type in your billing information. Type in the required information and Next step.
- Now you’ll be asked to type in the card details in order to make the purchase. Click continue after you’ve typed in the required information.
- The last step is to check the Summary of your transaction. If you are satisfied you can click on “Buy now”.
- And that’s it! You’ve successfully bought your first portion of an Ether. You might need to wait a couple of minutes to receive them in your wallet but rest assured, your money is on your way.
How to place a bid on DigitalArtists.com?
Placing a bid on an auction is very easy. It takes no more than 2 minutes but it does require you to go through the 2 guides we’ve provided above. If you haven’t installed a cryptocurrency wallet such as Metamask or do not own any Ether, we highly recommend checking out the previous guides first.
- First step is to go back to the homepage of https://www.digitalartists.com/. You’ll notice a Featured Drop with information of the artist, collection and a presentation of the NFT. If you’d like to bid on the NFT you can click on “View Artwork”. A new page will load with all the information about the auction.
- Before you place a bid you’ll need to connect your Crypto wallet (MetaMask if you’ve followed our guide) to the platform. Click on “Connect Wallet” at the top right of your screen and confirm the connection.
- 3. You’ll now have access to the bidding system. Clicking on “Place a bid” will open a new window which will ask you to type in the price you’d wish to bid with. After that you can click on “Place bid” to confirm the action.
- Your Metamask wallet will open up with a summary of the transaction. There you can see the estimated gas you’ll need to pay (This is the transaction cost of using the Ethereum network. We have no control over this fee) and the amount of your bid. If everything checks out, click on “Confirm”.
Note: Once you’ve confirmed a bid, it can’t be withdrawn. In case someone outbids you, you’ll receive your initial bid back in your wallet.
- And that’s it. You’ve successfully placed your bid. On the Auction page you can see the bid history and the top bid for the NFT.